The Arab and Middle Eastern Journalists Association (AMEJA) is a professional network for journalists of Arab and Middle Eastern descent.
AMEJA has hundreds of members from around the world. Our members trace their origins to Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, and Afghanistan, among other places. They work for organizations such as The Associated Press, Reuters, ABC, Al Jazeera, Al Arabiya, CNN, NBC, The New York Times, Financial Times, The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg News.
AMEJA is a professional, non-partisan organization.
It aims to:
- Create a forum that allows members to network and discuss professional issues.
- Publicize opportunities for career advancement among members.
- Promote accurate coverage of the Middle East and Arab world.
- Facilitate contact between journalists and sources.
- Encourage Arab and Middle Eastern youth to pursue careers in journalism.
There is currently no membership fee.