The Arab and Middle Eastern Journalists Association (“AMEJA”) was founded as a U.S.-registered nonprofit for media professionals of Arab and Middle Eastern descent who work independently or for news organizations in the U.S. and abroad. Its goals are:
1. To create a forum that allows members to network and discuss professional issues.
2. To publicize opportunities for career advancement among members.
3. To promote accurate coverage of the Middle East and its peoples.
4. To facilitate contact between journalists and sources based in the Middle East.
5. To encourage Arab and Middle Eastern youth to pursue careers in journalism.